FRIENDS OF CARY MEMORIAL LIBRARY, INC.
27TH ANNUAL MEETING REPORT SUMMARY
- Stocked the Elizabeth Clark Bookstore and Children's Cart daily and held annual Fall and Spring book sales, raising $39,123 total sales of gently-used, donated books.
- Mailed 1,400 Fall and Spring newsletters and provided an additional 100 copies to library staff members and patrons. Member requests for newsletters via email continued to increase.
- Hosted events in 2016 included: Lexington Reads Brunch in March, featuring author Anthony Amore, Security Director of Isabelle Stewart Gardner Museum; National Libraries Workers Day Reception during National Libraries Week in April; Annual Volunteers Reception in May; Staff Appreciation Luncheon, during Transformative Spaces construction in August.
- Funded 2016 summer reading programs for children, teens, and adults.
- Helped staff at library functions, including author talks, Fairy Tale Ball, Ice Cream Social.
- Assisted Reference Department, providing volunteers who made Door-to-Door deliveries to homebound patrons. (Requests increased in 2016.)
- Donated 20 of the 22 passes within the Museum Pass Program, adding the Edward M. Kennedy Institute and donating 2 Massachusetts State Park passes in 2016.
- Recorded 389 members, including 1 Business and 79 Life Members.
- Reported that 69 adult volunteers and 29 community service volunteers logged 5,268 service hours. Additional volunteers helped out at Fall and Spring book sales and others assisted the Foundation on a regular basis.
- Disbursed, during FY16, $14,000 unrestricted cash gift to the library and $10,000 payment toward Friends of Cary Memorial Library's $50,000 pledge to the Transformative Spaces Capital Campaign.
(Submitted November 6, 2016)