General Principles & Purpose
As part of its mission to provide resources that promote lifelong learning, Cary Library offers study rooms for use by members of the public. These rooms are to be used for quiet study by small groups or individuals, including tutors and students.
Cary Library has four quiet study rooms with a capacity for two people and one study room with a capacity for four people. Each study room contains a folding chair to accommodate one additional individual.
- Rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance, for a maximum of two hours per group per day. Because of high demand, rooms will only be held for 15 minutes. If you are going to be late, please call the Reference Desk.
- Patrons must sign up to use a study room with a full name and telephone number over the phone or in person at the Reference Desk.
- All general library rules of behavior apply in the study rooms. No food is permitted in the study rooms, but covered beverages are allowed. The library is not responsible for loss or damage to personal items. Study rooms are locked when not in use.
- Power and internet access (wired and wireless) are available in all five rooms.
- Small white boards and markers are available for checkout with a library card at the Reference Desk.
Policy approved by the Library Board of Trustees – 10.17.12