General Principles & Purpose
As part of its mission to provide resources that promote lifelong learning, Cary Library offers study rooms for use by members of the public. These rooms are available for quiet study or small group work. Study rooms may not be used for commercial purposes.
Cary Library has five study rooms with a capacity for two people and two study rooms with a capacity for four-six people.
Use of Study Rooms
- Study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Sign-up sheets are posted daily on the door of each room. We do not book study rooms in advance or by telephone.
- There is a two hour limit per day.
- Groups of 1-2 people are asked to use the smaller rooms when available so that the 2 larger study rooms are available to larger groups.
- Power and wireless internet access are available in all seven rooms.
- All study rooms are equipped with white boards. Markers are available at service desks.
- All Cary Library Rules of Behavior apply in the study rooms.
- No food is permitted in the study rooms, but covered beverages are allowed.
- The library is not responsible for loss or damage to personal items. Do not leave personal items unattended if you leave the study room for any reason.
Policy approved by the Library Board of Trustees – 10.17.12