June 1, 2016—August 26, 2016
How do I sign up?
This year, there is no sign up for readers going into grades 6-12. Just start reading June 1 and keep track of the books you read. When you finish a book, download a review card, (PDF) or pick up one at the Library. You’ll write the title and author of the book you read, two or three sentences about the book and a little information about yourself. Turn in your completed review card at the desk in the Children’s Room.
Download a Review Card (PDF)
For every review you submit, you can select a free book from our prize cart. Availability is limited and selections change daily. For each review card you submit, you are also automatically entered into a raffle drawing. Drawings will be held on Fridays beginning June 24 through August 26. Winners will be notified by email, so please print legibly on your review form each time!
- You must be entering grade 6-12 in the Fall of 2016.
- You must only submit book reviews for books you have read between June 1, 2016—August 26, 2016. You may NOT count books you read prior to the program, unless you read the entire book again this summer.
- You can read any book. It can be a library book or a book you own. You can read a book you borrow from a friend; you can listen to an audiobook. The books you choose should be at your reading level.
- You must write the review yourself. Plagiarism will not be allowed.
- You may be asked to discuss the book with the librarian.
The Teen Summer Reading Program is generously sponsored by The Friends of Cary Memorial Library, The Cary Memorial Library Foundation, The Massachusetts Library System, The Boston Bruins, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.