Previous Next
Record 42/301
Description 
Tidd School building, North Hancock Street. "The first school house at North Lexington was built on the east side of North Hancock Street, a short distance from Hancock Street, in 1796. This building was erected on the northwest side of North Hancock Street, about 200 feet from Hancock Street. In 1889 there were 49 pupils. Discontinued in 1891 when the Hancock School was opened. Picture taken in 1907 or 1906."
Lantern Slides -Tidd School, 1906 -Cary Memorial Library 2016. All rights reserved.
Image
Tidd School
001\Worthenslide136.JPG

The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library

Cary Memorial Library 1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355 www.carylibrary.org   
Last modified on: March 22, 2016