||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
|Date of photo
||"Centennial House," East Lexington.
"Built 1876, on site of an earlier hotel known as Cutler's Hotel (built before 1825), in which church services were held as well as dances, etc. The Centennial House passed through many hands and had various names: the Willard Hotel, Lexington Inn, etc. Quite famous for its dances as entire third floor was a ballroom with a spring floor. Judging from the costumes this picture must have been taken soon after the opening. Demolished 1944."
||Centennial House, Massachusetts Avenue #223
Carriages & coaches