||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
||Munroe Tavern barn.
"This stood at the back of the Tavern and somewhat to the west. "Tavern Lane" is in the foreground. The barn was used for some years by the Lexington Golf Club as its headquarters before locating on Hill St. The "links" extended across Munroe Hill, about where Mrs. Sherburne now resides and across Marrett Rd. to near "Sheep Rock" (back of Don [Dan?] Ross' house). In the winter, there was a toboggan slide starting near Mr. Fernald's house, coming down where Miss Cook lives, across Mass. Ave. down to the railroad tracks."
Lexington Golf Club
Massachusetts Avenue #1332, Munroe Tavern
Munroe Tavern, Massachusetts Avenue #1332
||Munroe Tavern barn