||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
||Interior of the Library in old Town Hall.
"Interior of the Library in old Town Hall. Downstairs, on the street floor, was the Library, presided over by Miss Florence Whitcher. Her assistants were Miss Muzzey, Miss Kirkland, Miss MacKinnon and Lester T. Redman. Silence was demanded and many now respectable men can admit that they were put out for making too much noise.
It is an interesting commentary on the times that the financial matters incident to the construction of this Building do not appear in the Town Report as a part of the town accounts. The work was carried through by a committee in which the citizens apparently had every confidence. But the auditors feel the citizens should know about the costs an din a brief separate statement indicate that the land cost $2800 and the building cost $39,350 - of which $10,000 was contributed by Mrs. Cary."
||Cary, Maria Hastings
Redman, Lester T.
||Library in Old Town Hall
Town Hall (second, 1871-1928), Massachusetts Avenue
||Old Town Hall, interior of the library