||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
||Folder: BRICK STORE
Brick Store, 703 Massachusetts Avenue, East Lexington.
Photographs and negatives of commercial building that served as a grocery and other commercial enterprises. It has been modified over the years, and the porch is no longer there.
Eli Robbins originally built the structure in 1828. In 1898, L.A. Austin sold provisions such as flour, grain and meal from his store in the building. There was a portico around the house. The barn was built 1895. A pump and trough were located in front of big tree at right. By 1944, the attached structures such as the barn and portico had disappeared. The Brick Store now houses the Waldorf School.
About 8 photos
About 4 negatives of Brick Store
L. A. Austin, Grocer, 1920.
Barn built 1895.
Date from 1898 to circa 1950.
This is a folder-level record in Series 14. Lexington Business and Industry.
|Year Range from
|Year range to
||Austin, Lucius A.
||Brick Store, Massachusetts Avenue #703
L. A. Austin, Grocer
Massachusetts Avenue #703, Brick Store