Previous Next
Record 39/746

Previous Next
Image 2 of 14

Parade, Lexington's Anniversary of Incorporation, June 1913. 14 postcards (5-3/8 x 3-3/8) and one print (6-1/2 x 4-1/2, enlargement of postcard #5) showing images from the Lexington's Anniversary of Incorporation parade, 1913. Initially known as Cambridge Farms and part of Newtowne, now known as Cambridge. The town was incorporated as Lexington in 1713. The parade took place in June 1913. Most are postcards that show: dignitaries, including veterans transported in open cars; fire equipment including hook and ladder truck and pumper being pulled by horses; marchers in military attire, both Civil War and colonial; marching bands; and veterans on foot.
Photographs -Parade, Lexington's Anniversary of Incorporation, June 1913 -Cary Memorial Library 2016. All rights reserved.
Parade, Lexington Anniversary of Incorporation, 1913

The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library

Cary Memorial Library 1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355   
Last modified on: March 22, 2016