||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
|Date of photo
||Five photos and negatives of panoramic views of Lexington taken from "plane-spotting" observation tower, located at Robinson's Hill, North Lexington, opposite the Golf Club, off Hill Street. Photos taken April 19, 1944 by Edwin B. Worthen, Sr.
1. Facing approximately North, extreme left of golf club fairways and Bedford in distance, Bedford Street middle distance, and Parker School to the right.
2. Facing approximately North/Northeast, toward Bedford Street
3. Facing approximately Northeast, houses on top of Granny Hill at extreme right
4. Facing South toward standpipes
5. Facing East towards Lexington Center, church steeple and Town Hall roof beyond. Boston is dip in horizon just to right of church but the buildings (Custom House tower, etc.) did not photograph.
This is a folder-level record in Series 17. Lexington History Resources.
||World War II
||Views from observation tower, April 1944