||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
||Photo folder: HANCOCK-CLARKE HOUSE, HANCOCK STREET
Hancock-Clarke House, 36 Hancock Street (original and current location; 35 Hancock Street, former location); also the barn at 36 Hancock Street.
A national historic landmark, significant in the Battle of Lexington and the Revolutionary War, which was the parsonage of Reverend Mr. Jonas Clarke at 36 Hancock Street. The building played a pivotal role on the night of April 18, 1775 when Samuel Adams and John Hancock were warned by Paul Revere to leave Lexington in order to evade capture by the British. The house has been restored and is open to the public.
2 black and white photos of crayon drawing of the outside of the house made in 1875 by Miss Farnsworth who was then living in the house.
Some photos copied from earlier Howard Munroe glass plate negatives in 1939
Interior and exterior of wooden house, some showing attached structures in rear of house.
One series from 1964 shows the barn and the surrounding area, including the Brigham House.
1 stereographic slide
This is a folder-level record in Series 19. Lexington Properties and Landmarks.
|Year Range from
|Year range to
Battle of Lexington
Hancock-Clarke House, Hancock Street #36
Hancock Street #36, Hancock-Clarke House
Hancock Street #35, Hancock-Clarke House (former location)
Hancock-Clarke House, Hancock Street #35 (former location)
||HANCOCK-CLARKE HOUSE, HANCOCK STREET