Previous Next
Record 389/746
Seven prints and negatives of the F. B. Hayes Estate, also known as the Hayes Castle or Blake's Castle, corner of Merriam Street and Franklin Street, taken March 1941. Stone mansion on Merriam Hill that was demolished in 1941. On verso of smaller prints (taken by EBW, Jr.): 1. "The Castle. Taken below the intersection of Franklin Rd. (left) and Meriam Street, which goes up to the right." 2. "The Castle. Franklin Road side." 3. "The Castle. Franklin Road approach." 4. "The Castle. From the low meadow below Franklin Road." 5. "The Castle from entrance on Franklin Rd." On verso of one of the larger prints: 6. "March 1941. Blake's Castle (demolition inside has commenced)"
Photographs -Hayes Castle -Cary Memorial Library 2016. All rights reserved.
Hayes Castle

The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library

Cary Memorial Library 1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355   
Last modified on: March 22, 2016