||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
||Photo folder: LEXINGTON FIRE DEPARTMENT, EAST LEXINGTON STATION
East Lexington Fire Station, 1006 Massachusetts Avenue.
Photographs and negatives of the satellite fire station located in Village Hall on Massachusetts Avenue and serving East Lexington.
Village Hall was erected in 1839 or earlier, and purchased by the town in 1873. It was used as a fire station until it was demolished in 1950. The current auxiliary fire station was built on the same site on Massachusetts Avenue in East Lexington in 1951.
4 exterior photos, and 3 negatives of site
1 large photo of front of fire station with early fire truck pulled by two horses. A formal posed photograph that shows the chief and driver in front, while another fireman rides in back. There are other firemen standing outside of fire station. Signs on fire station indicate Chemical 1 and Hose
1 image from 1946 shows fire station with two garage doors, and one entry.
2 smaller photos from 1946 show front of the fire station.
This is a folder-level record in Series 19. Lexington Properties and Landmarks.
|Year Range from
|Year range to
Lexington Fire Department
Village Hall, Massachusetts Avenue #1006
East Lexington Fire Station, Massachusetts Avenue #1006
Massachusetts Avenue #1006, East Lexington Fire Station
Fire engines & equipment
Fire fighting equipment
||LEXINGTON FIRE DEPARTMENT, EAST LEXINGTON STATION