Previous Next
Record 476/746
Photo folder: LEXINGTON FIRE DEPARTMENT, EAST LEXINGTON STATION East Lexington Fire Station, 1006 Massachusetts Avenue. Photographs and negatives of the satellite fire station located in Village Hall on Massachusetts Avenue and serving East Lexington. Village Hall was erected in 1839 or earlier, and purchased by the town in 1873. It was used as a fire station until it was demolished in 1950. The current auxiliary fire station was built on the same site on Massachusetts Avenue in East Lexington in 1951. 4 exterior photos, and 3 negatives of site 1 large photo of front of fire station with early fire truck pulled by two horses. A formal posed photograph that shows the chief and driver in front, while another fireman rides in back. There are other firemen standing outside of fire station. Signs on fire station indicate Chemical 1 and Hose 1 image from 1946 shows fire station with two garage doors, and one entry. 2 smaller photos from 1946 show front of the fire station. This is a folder-level record in Series 19. Lexington Properties and Landmarks.
Photographs -LEXINGTON FIRE DEPARTMENT, EAST LEXINGTON STATION -Cary Memorial Library 2016. All rights reserved.
Fire Station, East Lexington

The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library

Cary Memorial Library 1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355   
Last modified on: March 22, 2016