||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
||Two prints and negatives of the Sanderson House, also known as the Lyons House, 1314 Massachusetts Avenue, circa 1938 and April 1942.
Of historical significance, related to the Battle of Lexington, the Sanderson House is located adjacent to the Munroe Tavern. The house dates to around 1730. Samuel Sanderson and his wife occupied the house in 1775. A cabinetmaker and carpenter by trade, Sanderson also served with Captain Parker's Minute Men. At least one injured British soldier was housed here on April 19, 1775.
|Year Range from
|Year range to
Sanderson, Mary Munroe
||Sanderson House, Massachusetts Avenue #1314
Massachusetts Avenue #1314, Sanderson House
Lyons House, Massachusetts Avenue #1314
Massachusetts Avenue #1314, Lyons House