Seven prints and negatives showing houses on Bedford Street before the widening of Route 128, October 27, 1961.
1. Bedford St. from Simonds Tavern, looking across street. House at extreme left already moved back off its foundation.
2. Gray house and barn just beyond #1 shot. Already being moved (or ready for)
3. Bedford St. Gray house head on.
4. Bedford St. Grey house from beyond #3 (nearer Rt. 128).
5. Bedford Street (West side). Yellow house, beyond (nearer 128) #4.
6. Bedford St. (West side). Small house (white) beyond #5, and Bedford St. going over present Rt. 7. Bedford St. (East side), from opposite Williams Road. House at corner of Williams Road, and house beyond, near 128.
-Houses on Bedford Street before the widening of Route 128
-Cary Memorial Library 2016. All rights reserved.
Bedford St. (West side). Small house (white), 1961
The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library
Cary Memorial Library
1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420
781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355
www.carylibrary.org    Last modified on: March 22, 2016