||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
||A preview of "Early American Rooms," 1936.
A preview of "Early American Rooms: A Consideration of the Changes in Style, between the Arrival of the Mayflower and the civil war in the Regions Originally Settled by the English and the Dutch," edited by Russell Hawes Kettell and published by The Southworth-Anthoensen Press in fall of 1936. Includes
- "An Appreciation" by Allen French,
- a full preface written by Russell Hawes Kettell,
- an full-page architectural drawing,
- selections from the Columbian Mirror and Alexandria Gazette, issues 1793-1796,
- three "specimen pages," illustrating the kind of information to be found in the book, and
- a list of the rooms described and illustrated in the book.
30.5 cm x 23 cm, 10 pages, 1 plate
Kettell, Russell Hawes
||Concord Antiquarian Society
||A preview of "Early American Rooms," 1936