We look forward to the time when we can return to programs for teens in person at the library. However, during the fall of 2020, we will offer only virtual programming for teens. The program calendar is the best place to find the most up-to-date information on programs.
The Teen Room will continue hosts programs designed to encourage teens (grades 6-12) to make space for creative exploration, social connections, and relaxation. This fall, teens can enjoy a variety of virtual programs including:
- Teen Books Clubs
- Teen Crafternoons
- Art Classes
- Cooking Classes
- Gaming Events
- Take and Make (on your own time) kits
Tween & Teen Book Clubs
We have four different tween &; teen book clubs each of which meet monthly on Zoom. Online registration for all book clubs is open via our program calendar. Registrants receive a link to access the club the morning of the day of each meeting. The fall 2020 session of our clubs will run from October –December. Middle school patrons are asked to commit to all three fall meetings of their specific middle school book club (BookBuzz, BookLook, or BookIt). Sign-ups for the high school club are month-to- month.
- BookBuzz is our 6 th grade book club. This group meets once a month on Mondays at 4:30pm.
- BookLook is our 7 th grade book club. This group meets once a month on Wednesdays at 6:30pm
- BookIt is out 8 th grade book club. This group meets once a month on Wednesdays at 6:30pm.
- Breaking Boundaries through YA Literature is our teen-led book club for teens in grades 9-12 that specifically explores themes of social justice, inclusion, and equity. Breaking Boundaries is part of our Cary Teens Lead the Way program designed to highlight the interest and talents of our community's teens. The group meets monthly on Mondays at 3:30pm. Sign-ups for this club are month-to-month.