About the Teen Room @Cary
The Teen Room at the Cary Memorial Library serves patrons in grades 6-12. Teens are welcome to use the Teen Room to read, study, socialize with friends, play games, do puzzles, or just hang out and think. In addition to lots of books, we have plenty of games and art supplies, four desktop computers, four laptops, phone chargers, and headphones. We even have textbooks used at Lexington High School available for teens who want to use them while studying @Cary.
Every month the Teen Room hosts several programs designed to encourage teens to make space for creative exploration, social connections, and relaxation. Regular monthly programs include:
- Drop-In Teen Crafternoons
- Afternoon movies (with snacks)
- Book clubs for 6th & 7th graders - BookIt (with brownies) on Saturday afternoons & **NEW** BookIt (AT NIGHT!) on Monday evenings
- Origami and Zine workshops run by the LHS Origami and Illustration clubs
- Drop-in wellness and self care groups for tweens and teens organized by Lexington's Office of Youth and Family Services
- We also routinely add other programs of special interest to teens. Check out the Events Calendar to find more information about what is upcoming in the Teen Room!
Is there a program or activity you think would be a fun addition to the teen room? Drop the Teen Services Manager an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know your programming ideas!