Letter from the Director, Monday, November 23, 2020
Dear Cary Library Patrons,
With the cold weather close at hand, we have been working to adapt our Cary Out service for the winter months. Because of increasing rates of COVID-19, we will not be advancing to Phase 3 of our Restoration of Services Plan until sometime in the New Year. Until that time, our priority is to continue to make your reserved items available to you.
Here’s what library services will look like beginning Friday, December 4, 2020.
- Our Cary Out service will move inside for the winter.
- Some things remain the same: When you receive a notice that your holds are available for pickup, you will still book a timed appointment for pickup using our app.
- Some things will change: When you arrive at the library for your pickup appointment, your pre-bagged items will be waiting for you in the South Lobby vestibule.
- NOTE: We ask that you arrive during your scheduled appointment time. Due to limited space in the vestibule, only the current hours' appointments are available. If you miss your appointment or need to reschedule for any reason, please give us a call.
- Our staff will be available to you by phone. If you need help with holds, have reference questions, or want advice on what to read next, you can now call directly and speak to the library staff Tuesday - Saturday between 10 am and 5 pm.
- The Pop-up Library will take place as temperatures allow. Even during winter in New England, there may be days when the temperatures are warm enough for us to bring materials outside for you to browse. Follow us on our social media for information about our next Pop-up Library.
- We continue to offer virtual programs for all ages. We continue to offer a wide variety of enjoyable and educational virtual programs for people of all ages. Check out our calendar of events to see what’s going on each week.
- We can help you find your next great read.
- Adults: What’s Next? is our Readers’ Advisory service for adults. Just fill out this form letting us know what you’ve liked and disliked in a particular genre, and we’ll provide a few suggestions for you to try next.
- Teens: Check out the What to Read Next page for some of our favorite titles for teens. Or fill out our Ask Teen form for suggestions.
- Children: Children (and their caregivers!) can request a Book Bundle based on their interests. Or fill out our Ask Children’s form to receive a list of suggestions.
- Our digital collections have expanded. Thanks to the generosity of several donors to the Cary Library Foundation, we have purchased additional copies of popular eBooks to shorten waiting lists.
- Friends’ Everyday Book Sale - The Friends of Cary Library will continue to host their front porch book sale on days when the weather permits. Proceeds from the sale of used books helps fund the library’s Museum Pass and Summer Reading programs.
The library staff and I continue to be grateful for the support and patience of the community. We will continue to provide the highest level of service possible until we are able to reopen the library. I know that we are all looking forward to the day when that is possible.
If you have questions, suggestions, or ideas, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Wishing you and your family good health this holiday season.