Monday, April 5, 2021
Dear Cary Library Community,
I am delighted to announce that the Cary Library building will reopen for browsing beginning Tuesday, April 27, 2021. In order to help ensure the safety of our staff and of the public, services will be very limited during this time.
Under this phase of our Restoration of Services Plan, the library building will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays (see schedule below). All floors will be open for safe materials browsing; masks are required and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
What to know before your visit to the Library
- Library building capacity will be set at 50 total visitors, with a maximum of 20 people in the Children’s Room and 5 people in the Teen Space
- Entry to the building will be through the South (parking lot) Entrance. The Massachusetts Avenue entrance will remain closed during this phase
- Real-time occupancy will display during open hours on the library website and a screen in the lobby
- Visitors must wear masks correctly (covering nose and mouth) while in the library. NOTE: if you are not able to wear a mask, or are not comfortable entering the building, please contact our staff at Ask A Librarian to discuss how we can make library services available to you.
- All library materials must be returned through exterior book drops so that they may be quarantined
- Expect minimal interactions with staff. Use self-check machines whenever possible or use the Minuteman Library Network App’s “Mobile Checkout” feature on your phone to check out your items using your phone’s camera
- Seating, study rooms, and meeting rooms are not available
- Public computers, copying, printing, and scanning services will not be available during this phase
Picking up Your Holds
- You will find Adult and Teen materials on the same Reserve shelves where they were located before the pandemic, near the Audio Visual materials on the Main floor
- You will find Children’s materials on a new Reserve shelf inside the Children’s Room
- You can check out your holds one of two ways:
- Using the Minuteman Library Network App and your phone’s camera. Go to “My Account” and choose “Mobile Checkout” to get started
- Using one of the self-check machines located on the Main and Lower levels of the library
Cary Out Contactless Pickup Service
We will continue to provide limited contactless pickup for individuals who are not yet comfortable coming into the building to collect their own holds. Individuals wishing to make appointments for pickup may continue using this service to pick up their bagged materials in the South Entrance lobby during library hours. As the library prepares to reopen the building, contactless pickup appointments will be unavailable on Friday, April 23 and Saturday April 24.
Browsing Hours - Beginning Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Tuesday 10 am - 6 pm
Wednesday 10 am - 7pm
Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
Friday 10 am - 5 pm
Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
On behalf of all of us here at Cary Library, I’d like to thank you for your support and patience over the past year. We are all looking forward to making this next step in restoring library services and to seeing you in the library!