Below is a list of resources, answers to common questions, and highlights of our collection that are accessible remotely.
- Frequently Asked Questions - answers to common Cary Library questions about your account, reserves, returns, and other information.
- Ask A Librarian - reach out and get in touch with one of our Cary Library staff.
- Library Blog - information from the Cary Library Director regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) library closure, service updates and news.
- Cary News - read our latest Cary News email newsletter and/or subscribe to any of our email newsletters including news from the Children's Room, Teen Room, and Adult Programming.
- Town of Lexington Information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - official information gathered by the Town of Lexington regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) State of Emergency.
- Lexington Public Schools COVID-19 Information - Lexington Public Schools communication page regarding COVID-19.
- LexHelp Resources - several sources of help and information curated by the Town of Lexington
- Beware of COVID-19 scams - tips and resources to be aware of, and watch out for, from the Town of Lexington.
- Cary@Home: Kids - information and schedules for virtual storytimes for children, virtual Brickbuilders, and downloadable online activities.
- Cary Library's YouTube Channel - live storytimes, helpful videos, and more being added.
- Children/Family Resources - list of kid-friendly resources curated by the Children's Room staff.
- Teen Resources - list of teen-friendly resources curated by the Teen Room staff.
- Adult Resources - list of resources available for adults curated by our Adult Programming staff.
- Still want more digital content? Get a Boston Public Library eCard for access to BPL's extensive list of downloadable content (including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, downloadable music and movies) as well as their online databases. Anyone who lives, works, attends school, or owns property in Massachusetts is eligible.
- Remote access to Ancestry.com - access to this resource has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.
- Hoopla's Bonus Borrows Collection - over 1000 top titles that will count as zero borrows free through April 30, 2020. Type "Bonus Borrows" in the search box.
With Your Library Card
- Acorn TV - stream your favorite British/Irish/Australian mysteries, dramas, comedies, and documentaries, and more. View a video tutorial on how to use Acorn TV.
- Consumer Reports - make better purchasing decisions with your library card.
- CreativeBug - thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists. View a video tutorial on how to use CreativeBug.
- Hoopla - broad selection of streaming and downloadable media in your browser or through the Hoopla app for your mobile device. View a video tutorial on how to use Hoopla.
- Kanopy - stream classic cinema, indie films and top documentaries. View a video tutorial on how to use Kanopy.
- Libby - download digital books, audiobooks, and magazines for free using the Libby App from OverDrive. View a video tutorial on how to use Libby.
- Mango Languages - learn a language at home as Mango immerses you in real, everyday conversations in 60+ different language courses.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center - comprehensive financial information on stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and investment indexes.
- New York Times Online - enjoy free access to NYTimes.com, simply create an account and log in.
- Naxos Jazz Library - a wide range of jazz music, from jazz legends to contemporary jazz. View a video tutorial on how to use Naxos Music Library.
- Naxos Music Library - online streaming audio collection of classical music and includes information about composers, music terminology, and other educational selections. View a video tutorial on how to use Naxos Music Library.
- Overdrive - provides popular audiobooks, eBooks, music, and videos available for users to download.
- Testing & Educational Reference Center - take on-line practice tests and use test prep eBooks to obtain your education goals.
- Value Line Research Center - publications covering stocks, mutual funds, options and convertible securities as well as special situation stocks.
And, many other Online Resources are available.