Dear Cary Library user,
With the start of the New Year, the Cary Library staff will begin the process of updating our Strategic Plan. So much has happened since we wrote our last plan four years ago – most notably the successful completion of our Transformative Spaces project.
Our new Teen Space and the reworked Main Level adult spaces grew from conversations with community members during our last planning process. Now that we’ve occupied this newly configured space for a year, it is an ideal time to talk with you again. We’d like to know what you think about the changes we’ve made, and learn what other ideas you have for improving this great library.
Over the coming months, we will offer a range of opportunities for the community to provide feedback. We’ll use your input to strengthen collections, services, programs, and spaces. Looking forward to hearing from you!
How to participate:
Stop by our Office Hours:
Look for staff near the Main Desk during the week of January 29 – February 3. Stop in and talk face to face with library staff.
Attend a Public Meeting:
Adult Programming meeting
- Tuesday, February 6 – 7:00 p.m. in the Large Meeting Room (LMR)
Adult Collections meetings
- Thursday, February 8 – 7:00 p.m. in the LMR
- Saturday, March 3 – 2:00 p.m. in the Learning Center (LC)
Children’s Services (spaces, programs, and collections for children through grade 5)
- Monday, January 29 – 7:00 p.m. in the LMR
- Saturday, February 3 – 11:00 a.m. in the LMR
Technology in the Library
- Thursday, February 15 – 7:00 p.m. in the LC
Write on the Idea Wall:
During the week of January 22-28, look for new questions daily.
Take One of Our Surveys:
Three different surveys will be offered, as follows:
- Youth Services (January 2018) - available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SXWRD7Q
- Collections (February 2018) - available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/carycollections
- Programs (March 2018) - available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/N536MXG
OR - Drop us a line at your convenience at: CMLplanning2018@minlib.net