Find a Great Read
Did you know you can make your own personalized lists using your library card? Follow these steps to make the most out of My Lists after logging into your library account.
- Log into your Minuteman account
- Search for a book or other item
- Click on Add to Cart (small icon under the Request Button)
- Continue adding Items to the Cart
- Click on View Cart (in gray box to right of Request Button)
- Click on Save To List (above your list of books)
- Click on Save to New List (or choose an existing list from the drop down menu)
- Give the list a name and add a description (optional)
Note: To return to a list you’ve created, log into your account, click on My Lists in the left sidebar, and click on the title of the list you want.
If you wish to keep a list of what books you have already borrowed, you may start a reading history in your account by doing the following:
- Log into your Minuteman account
- Select Reading History
- Select the Save Reading History button
- AAPI Voices - a selection of books for children and teens written by authors identifying as Asian American Pacific Islander.
- Black Lives, Black Voices - from board books through books for adults in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- LGBTQ+ Pride - selections for children, teens, and adults.
Did you know Cary Library has many resources for digital reading in our online collections?
Libby from OverDrive
Download digital books, audiobooks, and magazines for free using the Libby App from OverDrive. Libby is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10, some Chromebooks, and in your browser. View a video tutorial on how to use Libby.
Hoopla Digital Collection
Hoopla offers a broad selection of streaming and downloadable media in your browser or through the Hoopla app for your mobile device. Borrow up to 3 items per calendar month without needing to put anything on hold. View a video tutorial on how to use Hoopla.
Cary Librarians share book recommendations for adults, teens, and kids with Susan Tran in our monthly Page Turner segment on NECN.
Latest: Celebrating Pride Month, June 2023
- Spring Book Buzz, May 2023
- Books that Feature Libraries, April 2023
- Women as Storytellers, March 2023
- Books on the Black Experience, February 2023
- Books about Real People, January 2023
- 2022 Best Books, December 2022
- Native American Heritage Month, November 2022
- Fantasy & Mythical Books, October 2022
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage and Friendship Month, September 2022
- Book Recommendations for Children, August 2022
- Great Time for a Summer Series, July 2022
- Books for Pride Month - June 2022
- Physical Fitness - May 2022
- Arty April - April 2022
- New Women Authors - March 2022
- Winter Sports Books - February 2022
- Snuggle Up with These Reads January 2022
- Staff Picks - December 2021
- Celebrating Native American Heritage - November 2021
- Mystery Books Perfect for Fall - October 2021
- Reads for Returning to a New Normal - September 2021
- What to Read on Romance Awareness Month - August 2021
- These Books Will Inspire Your Summer Road Trip - July 2021
- Here's What We're Reading to Celebrate Pride Month - June 2021
- These Books Will Make You Laugh, and That's a Good Thing - May 2021
- These Books for Children Highlight the Asian-American Experience - April 2021
- Books to Read During Women's History Month - March 2021
- Perfect Reads with Valentine's Day Approaching - February 2021
- The Literary Award Season Is Upon Us - January 2021
- Best of 2020 - December 2020
- Book Recommendations to Honor Indigenous People - November 2020
- Book Recommendations for Kids - October 2020
- These Books Are Perfect for the Long Weekend and Beyond - September 2020
- Books You Should Be Reading This Month - August 2020
- Talking to Your Children About Racism? These Books Can Help - June 2020
- These Book Recommendations Are Perfect While Social Distancing - April 2020
- This Month's Book Recommendations - December 2019
- Stumped on What to Read? Here Are Some Suggestions - November 2019