A portion of the library's heating and cooling system stopped functioning in early September, making it difficult to keep the building at a temperature that is comfortable for visitors and safe for library staff. The Department of Public Facilities installed a temporary unit which has kept the library running. We are now preparing for the permanent replacement to be installed at the end of October.
Below, please find an updated schedule of library hours and services for October 26 - 30, 2018:
- Friday, October 26, 2018 - Closed for replacement of heating/cooling systems.
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 - Closed for replacement of heating/cooling systems.
- Sunday, October 28, 2018 - Closed for replacement of heating/cooling systems.
- Monday, October 29, 2018 - Delayed opening at 2:00 p.m. Public desktop computers and printing unavailable due to maintenance.
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018* - Resume regular schedule; All computers and printing services restored.
*NOTE: With all construction projects, there may be unknown factors that cause this schedule to change - PLEASE check our website, social media, or give us a call before coming to the library in case anything changes.
We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to getting our schedule back to normal as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.