Welcome to Cary Out, the Library's Contactless Pickup Service
The Library is open for browsing!
You do not need an appointment to visit the Library. A limited number of contactless pickup appointments are available for patrons who are not comfortable coming into the building to collect their own holds.
Request materials using our online catalog, wait for our email saying your items are available for pickup, and book your appointment to come pick them up. Please note: we are unable to provide contactless pickup for Library of Things items and Museum Passes.
Pick up your bagged items in the South lobby. Enter through the South Entrance, the entrance closest to the parking lot on Clarke Street, and retrieve your bag from the table. You may arrive any time during the library’s open hours on your appointment day.
Please contact us if you are unable to pick up your items before the “pickup by” date on your notice!
Reserve a time to pick up your holds
How does it work?
- Place requests online at https://find.minlib.net/ or use the MLN app. Wait for an email notification letting you know your items are ready.
- Schedule a pick up time using our reservation system, or call 781-862-6288. Please contact us if you are unable to pick up your items before the “pickup by” date on your notice!
- We will place your bagged items on a table in the South Lobby. Your pickup will include all items that are ready by the evening before your appointment.
- Come on your appointment day and find the bag(s) with your name or alias and appointment time. If you need assistance, please call 781-862-6288 and speak to any staff member.
- For assistance with any part of this process please call 781-862-6288 or contact Ask A Librarian for assistance.
For the safety of all, we do require that you practice social distancing at all times and wear masks or face coverings when you pick up your materials.
Please return your materials to the outside book drops.
More Information about Cary Out
- How do I request materials for contactless pickup?
- Can I pick up materials for other people?
- Can I pick up only some of my available holds?
- What can I request, and how long will it take?
- How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?
- What if I miss my appointment?
- Place requests online at http://find.minlib.net/, or use the MLN app. For assistance placing requests, contact Ask a Librarian or call 781-862-6288 during the library's open hours.
- Log in to your library account at https://find.minlib.net/iii/encore/myaccount or use the MLN app to view, freeze, or cancel requests.
- Once you receive a notice that your items are ready for pickup, please schedule a pick up time as soon as possible. You may receive multiple notices, but you do not need a separate appointment for each item. Your pickup will include all items that are ready by the evening before your appointment. If you are unable to schedule a pick up time before the “pickup by” date on your notice, please contact us.
Yes! Each cardholder with items to pick up should make an appointment. If you are making appointments for multiple cardholders and you are unable to schedule them for the same date, please add a note to your reservation and ask that your pickups be grouped together for your preferred pickup day.
All items in your bag have been checked out to you. At this time, we cannot do any substitutions or hold any available reserves to pick up later. Any items you don't want, you may return in our book drops.
- It may take us slightly longer than usual to fill your requests.
- Deliveries between Minuteman libraries may vary. Libraries in the area are at different stages of reopening.
- Current issues of magazines can be requested and checked out.
- Our Library of Things collection and Museum Passes are not eligible for contactless pickup. Some Museum Passes are now available online.
To cancel an appointment, log in to our reservation system and choose "Manage Existing Pickup." Click the button with an image of a red trash can to cancel. At this time, the system does not allow you to change your appointment date. Please contact us if you need to reschedule an existing appointment.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule. Unclaimed items will be returned to circulation after 3 days.