Welcome to Cary Out, the Library's Contactless Pickup Service
NOTE: In the event of severe winter weather, check for updates and announcements. If services are cancelled, please call the library when we reopen to reschedule your pickup.
Request materials using our online catalog, wait for our email saying your items are available for pickup, and book your appointment to come pick them up.
Pick up your bagged items contact-free inside the South Entrance (the entrance closest to the parking lot) on Clarke Street. Please arrive during your scheduled 45 minute appointment. The pickup area closes briefly at the end of each hour while we get ready for upcoming appointments.
Please contact us if you are unable to pick up your items before the “pickup by” date on your notice!
Hours for Cary Out:
Tuesday: 10 am - 5 pm
Wednesday: 10 am - 7 pm
Thursday: 10 am - 5 pm
Friday: 10 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 5 pm
Reserve a time to pick up your holds
How does it work?
- Place requests online at https://find.minlib.net/ or use the MLN app. Wait for an email notification letting you know your items are ready.
- Schedule a pick up time using our reservation system, or call 781-862-6288 to speak to the operator during pickup hours. Please contact us if you are unable to pick up your items before the “pickup by” date on your notice!
- We will place your bagged items on shelves inside the South Entrance. Your pickup will include all items that are ready by the evening before your appointment.
- Come during your scheduled pickup window and find the bag(s) with your name or alias and appointment time. If you need assistance, please step outside the doors or return to your vehicle. Call 781-862-6288 and press 7 to speak to a staff member.
- For assistance with any part of this process please call 781-862-6288 during pickup hours or contact Ask A Librarian for assistance.
One person or household may enter the doors to the pickup area at a time. For the safety of all, we do require that you practice social distancing at all times and wear masks or face coverings when you pick up your materials.
The library building remains closed to the public. Please return your materials to the outside book drops. No overdue fines will be assessed.
More Information about Cary Out
- How do I request materials for contactless pickup?
- Can I pick up materials for other people?
- Can I pick up only some of my available holds?
- What can I request, and how long will it take?
- How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?
- What if I miss my appointment?
- Where can I get answers to account questions?
- How long can I keep materials once I have picked them up?
- How do I return my materials?
- Place requests online at http://find.minlib.net/, or use the MLN app. For assistance placing requests, contact Ask a Librarian or call the library during pickup hours at 781-862-6288.
- Log in to your library account at https://find.minlib.net/iii/encore/myaccount or use the MLN app to view, freeze, or cancel requests.
- Once you receive a notice that your items are ready for pickup, please schedule a pick up time as soon as possible. You may receive multiple notices, but you do not need a separate appointment for each item. Your pickup will include all items that are ready by the evening before your appointment. If you are unable to schedule a pick up time before the “pickup by” date on your notice, please contact us.
Yes! Each cardholder with items to pick up should make an appointment. If you are making appointments for multiple cardholders and you are unable to schedule them for the same time, please add a note to your reservation and ask that your pickups be grouped together for the hour you plan to arrive.
All items in your bag have been checked out to you. At this time, we cannot do any substitutions or hold any available reserves to pick up later. Any items you don't want, you may return in our book drops.
- It may take us slightly longer than usual to fill your requests.
- Deliveries between Minuteman libraries have resumed, but delivery times may vary. Libraries in the area are at different stages of reopening.
- To create better access to the most popular materials, we have temporarily changed the loan rules for our Read It Now and See It Now collections. These are now holdable and renewable online!
- Current issues of magazines can be requested and checked out.
- Our Library of Things collection and Museum Passes are not yet available for pickup. Some Museum Passes are now available online.
To cancel an appointment, log in to our reservation system and choose "Manage Existing Pickup." Click the button with an image of a red trash can to cancel. At this time, the system does not allow you to change your appointment time. Please contact us if you need to reschedule an existing appointment.
Your bagged items will be available on the shelves inside the South Entrance doors during your scheduled time window. If you arrive outside your scheduled time and cannot find your bag, please call 781-862-6288 and press 7 for assistance. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule.
To limit in-person contact for patrons and staff, we will not be able to answer account or reference questions at the pickup point.
All items will be checked out for 3 weeks with 2 renewals if no one else is waiting for them. There will be a date due receipt inside your bag.
- Please return items to the outside book drops located by both library entrances. They are open 24 hours a day.
- All materials should be returned to the book drops except Library of Things items. Please contact us if you need to return a Library of Things item. We are unable to accept any other returns in person.
- Once returned, materials will be quarantined for 48 hours. Items will remain on your account during the quarantine period.
- No overdue fines will be assessed. You will only be responsible for lost or damaged items.