At home and looking for resources to occupy your kids? Check out some of these websites and social media feeds!
Authors/Illustrators: virtual storytimes, drawing lessons, and more!
- Dan Santat - Dan Santat's Online Survival School for the Pandemic.
- Dav Pilkey at Home - Drawing lessons and read alouds with Dav Pilkey. Updated every Friday morning at 8 am.
- Grace Lin - Grace Lin's youtube channel where she does author readings, drawing lessons, and more.
- Jarrett Krosoczka (Live at 2pm) - Author of The Lunch Lady graphic novels provides daily drawing lessons on YouTube. Live at 2pm, but available for streaming on his YouTube chanel at a later time.
- Mac Barnett (Daily at 3pm) - Instagram Live storytime with author Mac Barnett week days at 3pm.
- Mo Willems Lunchtime Doodles (Live at 1pm) - Mo Willems invites YOU into his studio every day for his LUNCH DOODLE.New episodes will be posted each weekday at 1pm EST and then remain online to be streamed afterwards.
- Oliver Jeffers (Daily at 2pm) - Instagram Live storytime with author Oliver Jeffers week days at 2pm.
- Peter H. Reynolds (Daily at 12pm) - Facebook Live storytime with Author Peter H. Reynolds.
- Write with Kate - Writing workshop with author Kate DiCamillo.
- Kids Ask Authors - Podcast where each week author Grace Lin and one guest author will be answer one question submitted by a kid. Each podcast will end with a book review or poem written by a child.
- Authors Everywhere - YouTube chanel featuring various authors with workshops, readings, activities, art projects, writing games, writing advice, and more.
- Storytime Online - Picture books read by actors
- Harper Kids (New content daily at 12pm) - Storytimes featuring authors published by HarperKids.
- #OperationStorytime - A variety of authors/ illustrators sharing stories for the enjoyment of all!
- Neil Gaiman - Neil Gaiman reading books for kids.
Coloring & Activity Sheets
- Doreen Cronin - Printable activities from author Doreen Cronin.
- Josh Funk - Coloring pages and Activity kits for local author Josh Funk's books.
- Cincinnati Zoo (Daily at 3pm) - Cincinnati Zoo is going live on their Facebook page every day at 3pm EST to highlight a different animal that calls the zoo home.
- Scholastic Learn at Home - Day by day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing. Organized by grade levels: preschool, Grades 1 & 2, Grades 3 - 5, and grades 6+.
- Hour of Code - Coding tutorials.
- San Diego Zoo - San Diego virtual zoo.
- National Geographic Kids - Games, videos, articles and more.
- PBS Learning Media - Variety of educational resources.
- Bedtime Math - Daily Math challenge from Bedtime Math.
- TumbleBookLibrary.com - K-6 children's ebook database.
- TumbleMath.com - K-6 math ebook database.
- Updated Amazing educational resources for kids - Spreadsheet of resources compiled for parents by an online community.
- New England Aquarium - Live presentations, new videos, and fun activities from the New England Aquarium.
Music & Movement: streaming concerts, dance party favorites, activities to get your kids up and moving!
- Matt Heaton (Daily at 10am) - Daily online singalongs.
- Emily Arrow (Daily at 1pm) - Sing, stories, breath and move with Children's musician Emily Arrow.
- jbrary - YouTube Chanel of Canadian Librarians who perform songs, rhymes, and fingerplays.
- Miss Nina (New videos every Tuesday) - The Miss Nina Weekly Video Show! Sing & Move along with Miss Nina every week to songs and rhymes perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and children who love to move along or need a brain break!
- Laurie Berkner Band - YouTube channel of popular kids musician Laurie Berkner.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Yoga for kids.
- Talking with Children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Messages for Parents, School Staff, And Others Working with Children (from CDC)
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-10 - From the National Association of School Psychologists
- 10 Tips for Talking with Your Kids About COVID-19 with Your Kids
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
Additional resources compiled by the Town Recreation Department.