At home and looking for resources to occupy your mind? Check out some of these websites and social media feeds!
- Google Arts & Culture - A collection of images from museums and cultural institutions from around the world.
- Miranda by the Folger - Digital resources from the Folger Shakespeare Library.
- Poetry Unbound - Short podcasts that include the reading and brief review of a poem.
- Authors Everywhere - Several authors of Children's and Tween books read aloud from their books and give mini writing lessons.
- Future Learn - A diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world.
- Hour of Code - Free one-hour elementary coding tutorials for all ages.
- Khan Academy - Nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere - for all ages.
- PBS Learning Media - Free videos, interactives, lesson plans for k-12.
- Ted Ed - Short, award winning animated videos about people, ideas, and research meant to spark curiosity.
- Mindfulness for Teens Guided Meditation – Free recordings of short guided meditations
- Yoga With Mind Adriene – Free yoga classes of various lengths depending on the goal of the class (relaxation, stretching, strength building, etc.).
The Teen Library Leadership Council has created a summary of resources that may be of interest to teens during the COVID19 crisis. This document, For Teens by Teens, will be updated as needed.