We’re Are Open for Browsing!
We’re excited to welcome you back! Using the Library will be a very different experience. Here’s what you need to know:
Enter and exit the library through the South Entrance, the entrance closest to the parking lot on Clarke Street. The Massachusetts Avenue entrance remains closed.
- Tuesday 10:00-6:00
- Wednesday 10:00-7:00
- Thursday 10:00-6:00
- Friday 10:00-5:00
- Saturday 10:00-5:00
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times
- Remain at least 6 feet away from others
- Limit your visit to 30 minutes
- Return all materials in our outside book drops (except for Library of Things items)
- Wait in line outside if the Library hits capacity (view current capacity here)
- Abide by any staff instructions regarding safety
YOU ARE ABLE TO:
- Browse the shelves and check out materials
- Pick up your holds from the Main Floor or Children’s Room
- Ask library staff for help. If you need more than brief assistance, we are happy to help you by phone or email.
- Purchase books from the Friends’ book store
- Use self-checkout stations or the Minuteman app to check out your materials
- Use the library catalog stations
YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO:
- Sit or study
- Use internet computers
- Print, scan, or photocopy
- Check out laptops, iPads, or chargers
- Use meeting rooms
- Use study rooms
- Use the Children’s play area
- Spend a prolonged period of time in the Library
- Eat or drink inside
Restrooms: Single-person restrooms are available on the Main Floor and in Children’s. No restrooms are available on the Mezzanine level.
Access to Local History collections will be limited. Please contact Ask A Librarian for assistance.
Cary Out contactless pickup: A limited number of pickup appointments are available for those who need them. See our Cary Out page for more information.
If you are not able to wear a mask, or are not comfortable entering the building, please contact us to discuss how we can make library services available to you.
Loan periods and fines: We are no longer charging overdue fines for most materials. Please check your due date receipt or My Account to see when your items are due. Loan periods will return to their previous lengths of 1, 2, or 3 weeks depending on the type of material.