As we continue to restore library services this summer, here’s what you need to know:
Visiting the library:
Both the Massachusetts Ave entrance and the South entrance (parking lot entrance) are now open.
- Tuesday 10:00am-6:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am-8:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am-6:00pm
- Friday 10:00am-5:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm
Building capacity and time limits:
We will no longer have capacity or time limits for visits to the Main and Mezzanine levels. We are increasing capacity and time limits for the Children’s Room and Teen Space:
- The Children’s Room capacity is 30, and we ask that you limit your visit to 60 minutes
- The Teen Space capacity is 20, and we ask that you limit your visit to 60 minutes
For everyone’s safety:
- On the Lower Level: Masks are required at all times for everyone
- On the Main & Upper Levels:
- Unvaccinated individuals are expected to wear a mask at all times
- Masks are not required for vaccinated individuals
- No food is allowed (covered drinks are permitted in most areas of the building)
Most of our regular services are now available, including:
- Desktop computers (in the Commons on the Main Level)
- Homework computer in Teen Space
- Printing and scanning
- Some study rooms
- Seating will be reintroduced gradually beginning June 15 through July 6
Services not yet available include:
- Laptops and iPads
- Children’s play area
- Meeting rooms
We are once again accepting donations of books, CDs, and DVDs for the Friends of Cary Library book sale. Please place items you wish to donate in the blue donation bin located in the South Lobby. For more information, see the Friends of Cary Library’s donation guidelines.
Cary Out contactless pickup:
A limited number of pickup appointments are available for those who need them. See our Cary Out page for more information.
If you are not comfortable entering the building, please contact us to discuss how we can make library services available to you.