Board of Library Trustees
In accordance with the provision of the gift of Maria Cary establishing a public library in Lexington, the Board of Library Trustees consists of "the Selectmen, and the School Committee of the Town for the time being and the settled ministers of the place."
The Board of Library Trustees oversees the financial affairs, trust funds, fundraising activities and sets the policy for the operation of the Library. Further details can be found in the Board of Trustees Bylaws.
The Trustees elect a five-member Executive Committee to oversee the financial and day-to-day operations of the Library. The Executive Committee consists of two officers of the Board of Library Trustees and three other Trustees. The Clergy, the Select Board, and the School Committee have at least one representative on the Committee. The Executive Committee has full power to act in all matters for the Board of Trustees.
- Suzanne Barry, Chair of the Executive Committee, Select Board Member
- Rabbi Amy Hertz, Vice Chair of the Executive Committee, Clergy
- Barbara Callahan, Clergy
- Eileen Jay, School Committee
- Joseph Pato, Select Board Member
Usually meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 12:30 PM in the Library Learning Center. Agendas for each meeting are posted on the Town's Calendar of Public Meetings.
- September 15, 2022 at 1:00 PM (Virtual)
- December 7, 2022 (Virtual)
- February 1, 2023 (Virtual)
- March 1, 2023
- May 3, 2023
- June 7, 2023
Meets 3 times a year (or as needed) on Wednesdays at 12:00 PM in the Library Learning Center. Agendas for each meeting are posted on the Town's Calendar of Public Meetings.
- October 19, 2022 (Virtual)
- February, 15, 2023 (Virtual)
- May 17, 2023