Book Clubs for Children
A list of titles read in past sessions of each book club is available for readers looking for reading suggestions. What We've Read
Registration for our next Book Club session (Jan - March) will open on December 11 at 7 PM. When you register, you are registering for the entire season, so please register only if you are able to attend all meetings of a club.
In order to allow the greatest number of children to participate in book clubs, registration is limited to one book club (excluding our specialty book club Book Talks). If you are not sure which club would be the best fit for your child, please review the list of titles read previously by the book clubs, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to offer some guidance as to which club would be the best fit for your child.
- Tadpoles (grades 1 - 2)
- Bookmarks (grades 2 - 3)
- Next Chapter (grades 3 - 4)
- Page Turners (grades 4 - 5)
Specialty Book Clubs
- Book Talks Book Club (Grades 4 - 6): Meets Virtually
This monthly book club encourages readers through novels and nonfiction to take steps to becoming citizens of the wider world and seeing a broader perspective. We’ll be reading stories that offer a different perspective of the world from how we may experience it and talking about what that means. We’ll be discussing issues such as human rights, diversity, and current events as they relate to the books we read.
In order to allow the greatest amount of children to participate in our book clubs, we have implemented the following rules
- Other than our specialty book club, Book Talks, registration is limited to 1 club per child.
- Participants must be able to attend all sessions in the season for which they register. Please do not register if you have a known conflict for more than one of the dates.
- Due to the popularity of our clubs and the waiting lists of children wanting to participate, participants will be allowed one no show. If your child misses a second club meeting, we will give their space to the next child on the waiting list. We understand that illness and emergencies occur, and those absences, if communicated with staff, will not be considered a no show. If you are removed from a club due to lack of attendance, you will not be allowed to register for any club in the next session.
- Please be on time. Late arrivals are disruptive to the discussion and may not be admitted.