Teen Book Clubs
Cary Library offers a variety of fun book clubs for teens, grades 6-12, who are interested in reading and discussing books. Generally, they meet monthly, three times a seasonal session.
Our book clubs for patons in middle school are organized by grade. This fall, from October to December, these clubs will meet virtually on Thursday evenings from 5-6PM. Registration (required to participate) opens online 9/13 at 9AM.
- BookBuzz (6th grade) will meet 10/7, 10/28 & 12/2
- BookLook (7th grade) will meet 10/14, 11/4 &12/9
- BookIt (8th grade) will meet 10/21, 11/18 & 12/16
We also have two book clubs specifically designed for high school students.
- Shelf Indulgence is our new club specifically for patrons in the 9th grade. This club will meet monthly virtually on Monday nights from 7:30-8:30PM. Registration (required to participate) opens online 9/13 at 9AM. Fall meeting dates will be 10/18, 11/15 & 12/13.
- Breaking Boundaries Through YA Lit is a monthly virtual teen-led book club open to 9-12th graders from Lexington and the surrounding areas. The mission of the group is to utilize YA books to spark conversations exploring themes of social justice, inclusion and equality, and to enhance connections from communities in and around Lexington. Register prior to noon the day of the meeting to receive a link to participate. Fall meeting dates and times tbd.
More information about these clubs and the fall book selections can be found on the Event Program Calendar.
Please see our Book Club Selections for: